Monday, July 25, 2011


It was not my first time to climb Mt. Pulag but I was still excited since it was my first out of town organized major climb in cooperation with Jr Gonzaga of  Cebu City  and 43  participants  from Manila, Cebu and Davao City. Our scheduled flight was 9:35pm bound for Manila via Airphil express. There was 23 of us boarding the same flight. When we arrived at Terminal 3 we  took a taxi which will take us at  Victory Liner, Pasay Branch. Our bus tickets was booked in advance by my friend Michael Caliat  for us to choose the exact time we wanted to leave Manila.

Ambuklao Dam
At 6:30am we arrived in Baguio City. The hired jeepneys already waited for us that will take us to Ambangeg, Kabayan, Benguet. Our first stop from Baguio City  was in Pinkan Jo Eatery  where we took our breakfast.  At 10:30am we arrived in DENR information office for the registration and briefing of participants. Another 1 hour bumpy ride from Ambangeg to Babadak  Ranger Station. Compared to  last time I went in Mt. Pulag, there were improvements in the road.  Porters and guides were arranged upon our arrival in Babadak Ranger Station. 

 It was 2:00pm when our group start the trek. Ambangeg trail is also known as executive trail since it is the easiest trail going to the summit at 7.5kms from Ranger Station. The trek took us 3 hours to arrived at Camp 2.  During the night. we had our socials at the camp but some of the participants chose to sleep early since the weather is cold.  
Briefing at DENR Office with Ma'am Emerita Albas
DENR Office

Wake up call was supposed to be 3:00am but since it was foggy so we decided to start our trek at 5:30am going to summit. Although the weather is not so good because of  low pressure but we still enjoy our trek to summit. I could see the fogs were blown away by the wind. It was one of a kind experienced. When we arrived at the summit it was zero visibility but we still did not loose hope. When the the fog disappeared  for a short period we hurriedly took  photos.

(courtesy of Keir Ashley Lim)

We decamped at 10:00am  from Camp 2 back to Ranger Station. Before we head back to Baguio City some of participants took a bath at Ma'am Gina's place. Our lunch was also served by  Ma'am Gina.  The "Pinikpikang Manok" and "Chopsuey" with "Brown Rice" took our tiredness away.  It was 5:00pm when we arrived at Baguio City. Our bus scheduled trip is 6:30pm via Victory Liner and 4:25am we daparted from Terminal 3 back to Davao City.

with Sir Charlie and Ma'am Genia
I would  like to thank my friend Olan Emboscado for designing our Id's and Certificates.

If you wish to climb Mt. Pulag feel free to contact the following persons and they will surely accommodate you well:

Ma'am Emerita Albas, DENR Superintendent of Mt. Pulag National Park. You may contact her at 09196315402

Ma'am Genia Epe is incharge for  jeepney reservations. She's also catering food for lunch after the trek with her specialties are chopsuey and pinikpikang manok served with rice at a very affordable price. You may contact Ma'am Genia at  09198169234.

1 comment: